The map below shows local organisations that offer business advice and support to help you start or grow a business. Many organisations operate across their wider region, so if you can’t find an organisation in your town, do check surrounding areas. A glossary of the terms can be found at the bottom of the page.
This map is under continual development and the StartUp Britain team are working to add all known and trusted business support organisations across the country. If you run an organisation that is not listed, you can help us by uploading its details. Guidance notes can be found below the map.
In Northern Ireland? Our sister organisation Startup Ireland has an extensive map of support organisations available here.
- Accelerator Programmes – competitive, fixed term programmes (usually 3-6 months) in which cohorts of entrepreneurs receive investment (usually around £15,000 for 8% equity) and undertake intensive business development and training.
- Co-working, Office Spaces and Incubators – working environments for entrepreneurs and freelancers. Most offer shared workspaces with some also providing private office space. Many also host events and activities to build a community.
- Enterprise Support Organisations – local non-profits that provide free advice and support to those starting or running a business.
- Library Business Services – services available in central and local libraries – including advice, events, access to market research data and intellectual property guidance.
- Local Government Initiatives – a range of support initiatives provided by local or regional government bodies. These include Local Enterprise Partnerships and Growth Hubs.
- Networks – Free or paid business networks that offer networking, events and other opportunities. These include local Chambers of Commerce.
Adding new organisations:
- This is a crowdsourced map, so anyone can add new organisations by clicking ‘Add a pin’.
- The aim of the map is to show pre-start or early-stage entrepreneurs where they can find trusted, impartial advice and support in their local area. With the exception of office space providers and investors, this is confined to non-profit organisations offering free or heavily subsidised services.
- The map shows organisations with a physical presence that people in the vicinity can visit for support. If your organisation offers online / remote support (for example a platform connecting mentors and mentees) it is best suited for our resources section which will relaunch soon.
- When adding an organisation please complete the description, address, website, email address and if possible, phone number and logo. To maintain the quality of the map, only complete organisation profiles will be added.
- If your organisation does not fit within an existing category, email us to suggest a new category.